Popular Posts

Monday, July 23, 2012

My Olympic Dream

My first real and specific memory of the Olympics was watching Debi Thomas whiff it in the 1988 Calgary Games versus the evil commie ice skating queen, Katarina Witt, as my father taunted me and my sister mercilessly, a memory I will cherish always.  I used to dream about competing in the Olympics, and then later, when I realized that I was a shit athlete, I gave up THAT dream, and instead focused my energy on one I COULD attain-simply attending the Olympics.  But I always thought that only rich people went to the Olympics, and it turns out...that is actually true.  Only rich people can go to the Olympics, stay in a marginally nice hotel, eat meals that don't involve the words "granola" or "bar" and run up high roller tabs in fabulously fun bars.  Instead, in this blog, we will be telling the story of 4 women who are NOT rich and whose Olympic adventure will no doubt be more entertaining and spellbinding than from someone who can actually afford the bottled water they're selling in the Olympic Village.

We'd love for you to follow us as we go on our bold journey of seeing as many events as possible for as little money as possible, shamelessly attempting to get Bob Costas' attention and convince him to take us to Sochi as social correspondents, and drinking our way through the finest ale London has to offer.

The 2012 London Olympics will be adding a new event-Shenanigans.  There are 5 events, and there will be medalists in each event, and one overall champion.  The events are:

-Olympic Trivia Challenge
-Drinking Points (number of drinks per day=number of points, double points for each drink before noon)
-Sprint Drinking (number of drinks in an allotted period of time)
-Costume
-Fun

Fun points are to be awarded randomly by each competitor throughout the Olympics.  The costume judge has yet to be determined, but we'd love if Bob Costas would do a guest judging stint, like Rachel Roy on Project Runway.  We'll post the results each day so that you can follow your favorite non-Olympian in this event and cheer them on to victory!


2 comments: