Popular Posts

Friday, August 3, 2012

Some Folks Were Born Made To Wave The Flag...Ooh, That Red, White, and Blue

So, day 2 in England and day 1 in London has not even really come to a close yet, but one thing is for sure-where are the tickets?  We are looking like crazy (well, maybe not CRAZY), and have yet to find a UK citizen that has even seen a ticket yet.  Last night in Bath, we met 2 cool people-one guy that was a bouncer that loved One Tree Hill, the other a USA enthusiast that was sporting white short-shorts.  Remind me again of how much I love American men and their knee length preference on shorts.  We were in Bath in order to fulfill my 12 year dream of visiting the Pump Room like good Jane Austen ladies, and then instead of seeing ANY sights, we proceeded to get so hammered that we wandered around a bit lost (and Bath is NOT big) until we tried to hire a cab and he told our dumbasses that our hotel was just around the corner.  Today, we arrived in London around noon, and made our way to our rental flat located in Kensington, which is literally the Upper East Side on crack.  Beautiful neighborhoods, lots of great shops and a pub that enticed Keisha Knight-Pulliam, aka Rudy Huxtible.   We were too chicken to ask her if it was really her, but judging by her clothing and bag choices, we feel confident it was the real deal.  My only regret is in not asking her if friends use the phrase "jammin' on the one."

So tonight, we learned a valuable lesson in London-all bars close at midnight.  We searched high and low and went everywhere that was recommended, only to find ourselves at a semi-douchey dance bar where we met the guy that keeps sending you emails about his bank account in Nigeria.  We discovered that his price for a woman was $4000, and that even though he didn't buy us a drink, he felt entitle to put his junk on you and grope you without warning or caution.  I'll admit my own collusion-I danced with him to "Call Me Maybe," so maybe I deserved it.  We did eventually get a picture with him after he kept refusing-we thought perhaps he was a war criminal, which still might hold some water as a theory.

Best meal yet-Bangers and mash at a pub in Bath-Fantastic. 
Best ale yet-I was discouraged by the bartender in Bath from the English ales because she asked me if I liked "fizzy beer."  Even though my answer was yes, I wish she had let me try some out first.  Instead, I have been drinking Hoegaarden and Beck's and enjoying my buzz.

Tonight was a bit special, since I met up with a long lost friend from high school that I haven't seen in 14 years, and we had a fantastic time!

More drinking and Olympic ticket attempts tomorrow.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment